Monday, August 16, 2010

Microsoft word help please? I'm trying to type Vertically.(Down to up)..how do I do this?

Hi! I'm making an advertisement where I want ''tear-off'' phone numbers at the bottom of the page...however, I don't know how I can get Microsoft word to start typing upwards....I need multiple numbers....is it like Landscape or something..that I go to?



Thanks for your help you are great!



Microsoft word help please? I'm trying to type Vertically.(Down to up)..how do I do this?nortin



I have done this before and I used a Text Box to type the tear off phone numbers. Insert a Text Box just a bit wider than one letter. Type the word Phone by pressing the Return button after each letter, followed by the phone number in the same manner. It looks best if you center the text. If you hold the Ctrl. button and select the Text box you can drag and drop as many phone numbers as will fit across the end of the page.



When you have all inserted, turn on the Drawing toolbar and select the first number. Holding the Shift key, click on all the others to select them all. Click on Draw on the Drawing toolbar and choose 'Align or Distribute'. You can choose to align the Tops or Bottoms of the Text boxes. Then go back and choose 'Distribute Horizontally' this will space them all evenly on the page.



Microsoft word help please? I'm trying to type Vertically.(Down to up)..how do I do this?pc security



Great, I must remember to use a Table in future! Report It


type your document normally, then copy/paste it bottom to top, one line at a time
you could type it in word-art and then rotate (click %26 drag the little green dot), if you want it normal, but sideways.



you could also go to word-art and choose the one where it actually writes from top to bottom (they're on the right), if you want the letters actually underneath one another.



(however, i wouldn't recommend the second way. It's kind of counter-intuitive and confusing to read.)

No comments:

Post a Comment