Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Microsoft xp 2007 question?

Hi. My question is this. I have a new laptop, and it is Microsoft XP 2007. It's a fairly easy question, I just don't know where to look to change the setting. When I walk away from the computer, it ''locks'' and when I come back to it, it says ''this computer has been locked and can only be opened by an administrator'' which is me, which is fine --- but its just annoying. What do I have to do to change the setting? Thanks in advance!



Microsoft xp 2007 question?virus protection



right click the desktop. click preferences from the command menu. on the screen saver tab, there is an energy saving button to the right of an energy star logo, click it. then there is a place where it says ''when to go in to standby'', make it never. done.



sry for the misnamed button decryption, but I'm in vista.



if you prefer go to this page for better info:



http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docum...



Microsoft xp 2007 question?agv



Right click on an empty area of your desktop, select the screen saver tab and there is a setting for password protect. Also in the same place is the Power button, check there as well at your power settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment